Sanctuary Advisory Council Recruitment
- At Large (Primary) – 2 seats
- At Large (Alternate) – 1 seat
- Business Industry (Primary) – 1 seat
- Business Industry (Alternate) – 1 seat
- Conservation (Primary) – 1 seat
- Conservation (Alternate) – 1 seat
- Education (Alternate) – 1 seat
- Marine Transportation (Alternate) – 1 seat
- Mobile Gear Commercial Fishing (Primary) – 1 seat
- Research (Primary) – 1 seat
The application period opens June 1, 2020.
Completed applications are due by June 30, 2020.
Applications received or postmarked after June 30th will not be considered.
To receive an application or for further information, please contact Elizabeth Stokes via email at Elizabeth.Stokes@noaa.gov; by phone at ; or by mail at NOAA SBNMS, 175 Edward Foster Road, Scituate, MA 02066. Applications can also be downloaded from the sanctuary's website at stellwagen.noaa.gov.
Applicants accepted as Advisory Council members should expect to serve a 3-year term. The advisory council consists of 36 primary and alternate members representing a variety of public interest groups. It also includes 7 seats representing other federal and state government agencies.
Please contact Anne-Marie.Runfola@noaa.gov to answer questions about the Stellwagen Bank NMS Advisory Council and recruitment.
For more information about the Office of National Marine Sanctuary Advisory Councils, please visit: sanctuaries.noaa.gov/management/ac/.